- This event has passed.
4th of July Parade- Star Spangled Summer
July 4 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
We are proud to announce that applications for the 2023 Fourth of July Parade are now open! This special event will take place in Downtown Ellijay starting at 10:30am on Tuesday, July 4th. This year’s theme is “Star Spangled Summer!” The annual July 4th parade is a great opportunity to bring the community together to celebrate our country’s independence. The downtown Ellijay fireworks display will take place after sunset. Both activities are family-friendly and free.
If you are interested in participating in the parade, please fill out the form below. Spaces are limited, applications due June 30th. **APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED**
Rules & Regulations:
- Check-in is at 9:00 am at the registration tent on Sailors Drive.
- All entries must be in place by 9:30am. Judging will take place between 9:30-9:45 am. Certificates will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place floats (only floats will be judged). Judging will be based on: originality, costume/dress, appearance, and theme.
- The parade route will be as follows: Left from Sailors Drive to River Street, clockwise around the roundabout, left on North Main Street to McCutchen Street, and end at Ellijay Elementary School.
- Throwing and handing out candy or any hard objects from moving vehicles is not permitted for safety reasons. However, candy can be distributed by hand from the walkers next to the float or car. This will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. All entries must be family friendly.
- Vehicles that are not street legal (golf carts, go carts, dirt bikes, etc.) will NOT be allowed to return to the start of the parade route. No 18-wheeler trucks will be permitted. Trailer or transport must be dropped at McCutchen Street prior to the parade. Drivers must be licensed. Reckless drivers will be ticketed.
- No symbols of discord will be allowed.
- No discharging of firearms during the parade.
- No one will be allowed to participate in the parade if application has not been received by June 30th.
- For more information, contact Ron Cheslock at 706-635-7401, or firstname.lastname@example.org