- This event has passed.
2023 Georgia Apple Festival Parade
October 14, 2023 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
We are proud to announce that applications for the 2023 Georgia Apple Festival Parade are now open!
This special event will take place in Downtown Ellijay starting at 10:30 AM on Saturday, October 14th. This year’s theme is “Fall Harvest!” The annual Georgia Apple Festival parade is a great opportunity to bring the community together to celebrate with the Apple Capital! This event is family-friendly and free.
If you are interested in participating in the parade, please fill out the form below. Spaces are limited; applications due October 1st.
Rules & Regulations:
- Check-in is at 8:30 am at the registration tent on Sailors Drive.
- All entries must be in place by 9:30am. Judging will take place between 9:30-9:45 am. Certificates will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place floats (only floats will be judged). Judging will be based on: originality, costume/dress, appearance, and theme.
- The parade route will be as follows: Left from Sailors Drive to River Street, clockwise around the roundabout, left on North Main Street to McCutchen Street, and end at Ellijay Elementary School.
- Throwing and handing out candy or any hard objects from moving vehicles is not permitted for safety reasons. However, candy can be distributed by hand from the walkers next to the float or car. This will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. All entries must be family-friendly.
- Vehicles that are not street legal (golf carts, go-carts, dirt bikes, etc.) will NOT be allowed to return to the start of the parade route. No 18-wheeler trucks will be permitted. Trailer or transport must be dropped at McCutchen Street prior to the parade. Drivers must be licensed. Reckless drivers will be ticketed.
- No symbols of discord will be allowed.
- No discharging of firearms during the parade.
- No one will be allowed to participate in the parade if the application has not been received by October 1st.
- For more information, contact Ron Cheslock at 706-635-7401, or email@example.com