Problems related to alcohol and drug abuse cost American businesses roughly $81 billion in lost productivity annually.
An estimated 500 million workdays are lost annually due to alcoholism.
77% of illicit drug users in the United States are employed. That's 9.4 million people!
Even if your business is not required to have a drug-free workplace program, you can still benefit. Let the Chamber help you preserve all that you have worked so hard to build.
What an employer needs to know....
A good drug-free workplace program can lead to:
- 7.5% Reduction in Worker's Compensation Premiums
- Lower Health and Auto Insurance Costs
- Decrease in Absenteeism and Downtime
- Fewer Employee Discipline Problems
- Increase in Productivity and Profits
A successful drug-free workplace program should include:
- Written Policy Statement
- Employee Education
- Supervisor Education
- Employee Assistance Resources
- Drug Testing
The Chamber Can Help With:
- Substance Abuse Policy Development Assistance
- Monthly Educational Newsletters
- On-Site Supervisor Training
- Community Assistance Resource List
- Discount Drug Testing by Certified Laboratory in Gilmer County
- Program/Policy Consultation and Implementation
- Certification Support
Contact the Gilmer Chamber at 706-635-7400 for more information on how to establish a Drug Free Workplace.