- This event has passed.
SHUTTLED MOUNTAINTOWN CREEK GROUP MOUNTAINBIKE RIDE AT MULBERRY GAP (MAY 7, 2023)
May 7 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$38
MOUNTAINTOWN CREEK IS NOT HERE FOR THE FAINT OF HEART, AND THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE “DOWNHILL DAYS!”
When connected with Bear Creek / Pinhoti 1 / Pinhoti 2, Mountaintown will give you around 20 miles of adventurous riding, without that ~10 mile uphill gravel grind to get up to the top!
- Our shuttle will knock off more than 10 miles of the mostly uphill climb, dropping you off at the Three Forks trailhead near the start of the Mountaintown Creek Trail.
- From there you have 5+ miles of mostly downhill, proper backcountry-feeling singletrack, sticking close to Mountain Creek itself, and splashing through the creek 20 times passing small waterfalls and truly beautiful north Georgia scenery! This has a real remote feel, and is less trafficked, so keep an eye out for downed trees and low hanging branches.
- Next you’ll take a quick 1.4 mile hike-a-bike to connect to the Bear Creek loop…
- After that it’s back on the bike for a little choose-your-own adventure! You can head (right) around the outer loop to get in all the Bear Creek miles, or zip across (left) past the Gennett Poplar to skip ahead to P1.
- And then it’s P1, P2, and a li’l bit of gravel back home to Mulberry Gap to crack open a beer and relax!
Come with friends or meet new riding buddies on the shuttle 🙂
~$38/PERSON GETS YOU:
- DROPPED OFF AT THE THREE FORKS TRAIL HEAD (NEAR THE START OF MOUNTAINTOWN)
- FOLKS TO RIDE WITH ON THIS FAIRLY REMOTE ROUTE
- … AND A SACK LUNCH TO TAKE ALONG, AND A BEER (OR SODA) WHEN YOU RETURN!
ABOUT THIS RIDE:
Super simple… if we can get at least six folks it’s totally worth it to make the drive! Grab a friend or totally come alone and meet some new folks! This is not a guided ride, just getting folks together who want to go to the same places at the same time. 🙂
This route will give you a day of around
THE DAY’S SCHEDULE:
8:30 am: Breakfast (only an optional add on)
9:45 am: Grab your included bag lunch to take with you
10:00 am: Shuttle departs for the top of Mountaintown (Three Forks Trailhead Parking)
11:00am-ish: Arrive at the Trail Head
then it’s all you, baby! Make your way back to Mulberry Gap at your own pace.
The afternoon: Shower, hang out, drink beer, head home… it’s up to you 🙂
6:00 pm: Dinner (only an optional add on)
Is this the right ride for you?
- Mountaintown Creek is a less frequently traveled moderate black diamond trail with a lot of creek crossing, a real “backcountry” feel, a hike-a-bike to connect up with Bear Creek, and lots of fun!
- Check it out on MTB Project https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7030079/mountaintown-creek-trail
- Check it out on RideWithGPS https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23353459
- Watch it on YouTube-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQN933RwijI
ABOUT THIS RIDE:
Super simple… if we can get at least six folks it’s totally worth it to make the drive! Grab a friend or totally come alone and meet some new folks! This is not a guided ride, just getting folks together who want to go to the same place at the same time. 🙂