ONE-DAY BEGINNER MOUNTAIN BIKE CLINIC (MAY 7, 2023)
May 7 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$139
Join mountain bike instructor, Jen Braddock, on Sunday May 7, 2023, for a one-day beginner mountain bike skills clinic at Mulberry Gap. .
Would you like to sign up a youth rider for this clinic? Here are the things to know:
- Youth ages 13+ are welcome to participate in the “Beginner MTB Skills”Clinics and the “Jumps & Drops for Intermediate/Advanced Riders” clinics. Please be sure that your youth rider has the appropriate skills to participate in the clinic as they will not be able to drop behind or opt out of traveling with the group.
- These are adult-geared clinics, so it’s important youth participants are ready to be focused, responsible, and ready to participate alongside mature adult learners.
- Parents/Guardians do NOT need to remain with their youth rider during the clinic, but must be certain to sign by the Mulberry Gap waiver and the Instructor’s waiver.
- Youth under age 13 are welcome to participate in the Beginner Skills Clinic only, and ONLY when a parent or guardian is also registered to participate in the clinic. Youth under age 13 are not eligible to participate in the Jumps & Drops clinic at this time.
If you have more questions about registering a youth rider to participate in a clinic, please reach out to us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rates & Availability:
Space is limited to 6 participants.
Cost: $173.00 which includes 6 hours of instruction, lunch & a shuttle!
ABOUT THIS CLINIC:
Do you find yourself riding around roots and rocks on the trail? Are you struggling to get up that hill? Maybe you avoid a particular trail because it’s just “too hard?” While you may not ride away at the end of the day doing bunnyhops and tail whips, this clinic will provide you with the strength and confidence to make your rides more fun and memorable. Led by certified instructor Jen Braddock, we will break down the fundamental skills needed to keep your wheels on the ground, momentum stout, and stoke level high. “I had been riding for years and didn’t realize I had such terrible technique – I was able to quickly turn around my bad habits, and it improved my riding drastically.” So whether you just purchased your first mountain bike or have been hitting the dirt for a few years, we will share some tips and knowledge in a chill, no pressure environment so that you feel safe and in control next time you take it to the trails!
Things we will cover, but not limited to, include:
- How to stay balanced on unstable terrain
- Efficient cadence & shifting
- Braking techniques
- Picking lines
We will also go over some basic maneuvers that will aid in technical spots. Space is limited, so let’s get rolling!
- 8:30 am: Breakfast (only an optional add on)
- 9:00 am: Check in at the office and then head over to meet the group at The Barn (dining hall) and bike safety check
- 9:30 am – 12:30 pm: Morning skills session!
- 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm: Lunch (included)
- 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Shuttle & trail ride
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Wrap up and say goodbye!
- 6:00 pm: Dinner (only an optional add on)