4TH ANNUAL COHUTTA CLEAN-UP!
March 18 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
BACK AGAIN IN 2023 FOR…
THE COHUTTA CLEAN-UP!
What: Spring Cleaning- Wilderness-style! The goal is to sweep through the local area and leave miles of our beautiful mountain gravel rides, trail access roads, and trailheads better than we found them. This is a great opportunity to rid the roadsides of unsightly trash. (Before the leaves fill back in, and the poison ivy branches out again!)
Who: Everyone is welcome to volunteer! We’ll have options for bicycle riders, hikers/walkers, and even trail runners who want to get in on the plogging* action. Youth under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
When: Saturday March 18, 2023. 9am Meet-Up and Coffee, 10am-2pm Clean Up
Where: Meet at Mulberry Gap (400 Mulberry Gap Road, Ellijay, GA 30105.) From there we’ll divide up into crews and head out to take care of areas possibly including:
CCC Rd towards Eton * FS 68 * FS 90/90B * FS 64 * Shakerag * Bear Creek Overlook / Parking Lot * Cohutta Overlook towards Pinhoti 3 * Tatum Lead Rd towards Pinhoti 4 * Dennis Mill
Cost: FREE! There’s no cost to volunteer and CHILI LUNCH IS INCLUDED along with BEER (or soda) PROVIDED BY TERRAPIN!
* Also, we’d love to invite you to come stay with us for the weekend, or sign up for Breakfast ($15.00 @ 8:30am) or Dinner ($23.00 @ 6:00pm) You can make a reservation at www.MulberryGap.com or give us a call.
Lunch!: We’ll be having an afternoon lunch included in the day based around Mulberry Gap’s famous chili when everyone returns for the grand sorting at around 2pm! Please let us know when you sign up if your group plans to stay for the chili lunch.
What should I bring?: We’ll provide basic items like trash bags and safety vests.
- Plan to bring your bike and gear (if you’d like to be part of a rolling team) or the things you need for walking/hiking/jogging if you’ll be part of a team on foot.
- An empty backpack or rucksack that you can wear while walking/cycling would be a good idea so you don’t have to carry your trash and recycling bags by hand.
- Bring all the normal things you’d need to be out on the trails/roads like hydration, sunscreen, insect repellent, etc. Work gloves might come in handy.
- Plan to bring a lunch (unless you just plan to hold out until 2pm) There will be a potluck centered around Mulberry Gap’s Chili when we return!
How Do I Get Involved: Sign up below to let us know you’re coming, and if you’re staying for chili. You can also book housing and meals if you’d like to stay for the weekend at MulberryGap.com. If you’d just like to order meals on the day, give us a call or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give us at least 72 hours’ notice.