5 Ways to Celebrate the End of Prohibition in Ellijay
On December 5, 1933 the 21st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is ratified, repealing the 18th Amendment and bringing an end to the era of national prohibition of alcohol in America. In honor of this date in history, we thought of a few ways that you can celebrate in Ellijay.
1. Prohibition Party at River Street Tavern. On December 7 starting at 6:30pm River Street Tavern in Downtown Ellijay will be hosting a prohibition party. Dress up in your best era attire, come out and enjoy the music, drink specials and a good time. By Reservation Only! Click Here for more information
2. Purchase a growler or fill yours up at The Hitching Post. The history of the growler is quite unique. Did you know there was actually a period of time in which the use of growlers was outlawed. This was stemming from the fact that children were often sent out to pick up a pail full of beer for their father. Fortunately that is no longer the case. You can purchase a glass growler or bring your growler to the Hitching post and fill it up!
3. Enjoy a tasting at one of our local vineyards. Chateau Meichtry Family Vineyard and Winery in partnership with Mountain Treasures recently released the delicious Ellijay Red and Ellijay White just in time for the holiday season.
4. Enjoy a moonshine tasting at Mountain Treasures. Whether you prefer a peach or apple flavor, or something that gives you that tingle in your nose and throat, there is a flavor for you at Mountain Treasures. Bottles of Moonshine are available for purchase.
5. Purchase your favorite beverage at Appalachian Beverage. Celebrate your right to purchase whatever your favorite beverage might be at Appalachian Beverage. Appalachian Beverage is North Georgia's largest retail package store, you are sure to find your perfect beverage choice. There are many ways that you can celebrate the end of prohibition in Ellijay, some come up and have some fun!